About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Full Circle

 Good morning,

There is a fun story about these two decanters.  They were commissioned by the Swank Mens Jewelry Company in 1957.  There were three, but I only bought two, probably because the third one wasn't available at the time.  I bought them in the early 1960's and gave the "Scotch" decanter to a now-extended family member.  I kept The Jolly Twosome for more than 60 years and for the past 43 years, it has had a home tucked behind the curtain on the window sill in my Butler's Panty.  It was never used to hold any type of fluid.

Fast forward to last Christmas.  A next generation family member of the person to whom I gave Mr. Scotch, gave me this very fellow gift wrapped for Christmas.  I don't think she has ever noticed The Jolly Twosome tucked away on the window sill of my home.   I'm confident Mr. Scotch is the same one that has moved around the family for the past 60 years.  

I haven't mentioned anything about this, but if she should read my blog, I'm sure we will share a laugh.

It's fun getting older.  So many things come full circle.

;),

Lois

No comments: