About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, February 27, 2023

Healthy Dinner

 Good morning,

I'm trying to get more iron and protein in my diet so made a really delicious dinner that accomplished that goal.  This one is a double serving of baked cod and a large salad.  I had a small spoonful of mac and cheese on the side.  My Honey had requested the mac and cheese.  It looked so good I had to have a little of it.  

Thanks go to daughter Catherine who is keeping me in fresh salads.  Our Kroger stores have single serving salads that are just wonderful.  They probably work out to be less expensive in the long run than buying all of the ingredients and making them myself.  The trick is getting a few of them every three days or so to be sure they are fresh.

Healthy eating!

Lois

1 comment:

DUTA said...

The best source of quality protein is of animal origin : meat, eggs, fish - in that order.
Salads have lots of benefits; protein is not one of them.