About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Waiting Room Crochet

 Good morning,

The cold weather took a toll on our car battery so we had a new one installed at our dealer.  

I have a larger afghan in process at home, but grabbed some yarn to work on while waiting for the car.  This will be a lap-size blanket that will be useful for any age from baby to granny.  The soft colors work very well together.

What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the best,

Lois

3 comments:

angela said...

Durning the years I spent in oncology rooms with my friend I did lots of yarn work
She would have to spend hours getting her chemo so keeping my hand busy was a must
By the time we were doing her third round of chemo most of the nurses had taken up crochet or knitting
And would bring their work to share with us.
It was a lovely distraction for all

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, Angela, we certainly meet the nicest people when we knit and/or crochet in public, don't we! Every time I pull out my needlework, someone begins a conversation. Just delightful. One of the memorable conversations was from an older gentleman who asked me, "Is that crochet?" I said yes and he proceeded to tell me about his mother crocheting on cold winter evenings when they lived on a farm while he was growing up.

Astrid said...

I always admire your crocheting items, very beautiful. Crocheting is a craft I never got the hang to, except that I have a Granny Squares UFO! :) This week I have finished all the house (quilt) blocks and currently working on some trivets and placemats for my shop.