About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, January 13, 2023

UC Health

 My UC Health 

Good morning,

I have to give a shout out to UC Health.  Those are the University of Cincinnati Health Providers and University Hospital Level I Trauma Center that took such good care of Damar Hamlin last week after he suffered cardiac arrest during a football game here in Cincinnati.  Damar has recovered, has been released, and is now home in Buffalo, New York.  While reading a news report about Damar's treatment at UC, I recognized a doctor's name.  It was the same doctor who preformed an emergency appendectomy on me in 2018.  Small world.

My Honey and I are so very lucky to live here in Cincinnati and also benefit from the services of UC Health Physicians and University Hospital.  We have each had health issues that have been handled quickly and professionally.

We are grateful every day that we live in an age and an area where such excellent care is available.

We have other ties to the University of Cincinnati, too.  My Dad came to Cincinnati in the 1920's to attend UC because they were the first in the nation with a co-op program.  He graduated, met my mom, got married, got a job with P&G, and spent his entire career there.  Without UC, he would never have met and married my Mom.  Small world.

 In the 1980's I was an Adjunct Professor of Accounting at UC.  I mentioned to my Dad that I was teaching a class in McMicken Hall and he asked what classroom I was using.  I told him only to discover it was the same classroom where he attended his first accounting class in the 1920's.  Full Circle. Small world.  

All the best from Cincinnati,

Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

I think it's just amazing how synchronized the world is. It was all meant to be. Blessings!