About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

True Comfort Food

 Good morning,

Yesterday I had a routine medical procedure in the hospital.  Both Kjell and Catherine were there with me and I am so grateful that they were.

As I came out of the anesthesia, Catherine asked me what I wanted for dinner and I opted for the same as I always do after a medical procedure.  On the way home Catherine stopped at McD's and got us all Quarter Pounders with Cheese.  I honestly don't know why, but Quarter Pounders just seem to go with anesthesia.  Strange, maybe, but so am I.  ;)   

We don't eat at McD's often.  In fact, the last time I had one of these was while Kjell and I were on the road returning from a wood workshop in Missouri last October.  Tomorrow it's back to healthier food here at home.

Do you have a favorite food when you're not feeling well?

All the best,

Lois

1 comment:

angela said...

When I’m not feeling the best I want slag and vinegar crisps.
Funny isn’t it. Maybe it’s the strong salty taste we crave