About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, January 23, 2023

Surprise! It's Winter Again!

 Good morning,

Yesterday morning just before 5 AM Wendy woke me to go outside.  She's a very good dog to let me know when she has to go potty.  I noticed when I had her out that snow was beginning to fall.

At 8 AM, I took the picture you see above from my bedroom window.

 This is the view from the dining room as the snow continued to fall.

 The birds were going wild at the bird feeder outside the living room window.

 They were fighting with each other for a chance to stand on the platform and eat.

All together, we received between five and six inches of snow.  It'll be warmer tomorrow, though, so the snow won't last long.  But, the next day there will be more snow....   

This is a short video captured by the camera inside the bird feeder.

Happy Winter!

:),

Lois

2 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

Oh my. Splendor in white. It's almost blinding.

MarkD60 said...

Wow, that's quite a lot of snow. The video is very cool. In one picture it looks like they're looking at you and saying "let us in please!"