About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Ginger Breakfast Bread

 Good morning,

I picked up some crystallized ginger to try in my breakfast bread.  I sampled one of the pieces and since it was so very strong, I added it to the bread (after first rise, before second rise) sparingly.

 As before (see previous posts this week) I folded up the edges, turned the loaf over in the oven proof dish, and waited for the second rise - about 30 minutes.

 35 minutes at 350 F and another marvelous loaf of bread was finished.  I made cognac frosting again and we were ready to have a sweet treat.

Although this was very tasty, I think our favorite filling is blueberries and white chocolate.

It's fun to experiment, isn't it!

:),

Lois

2 comments:

angela said...

Sounds very interesting. Ginger and cognac not too sure if that is good for breakfast
I’d be very happy for the rest of the day after eating that lol

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Angela,

You're right that ginger and cognac aren't the usual breakfast foods. :) Actually, although I call this a breakfast bread, we more commonly enjoy a piece with a cup of coffee at "tea time" in the afternoon.

The alcohol is long gone in the frosting by the time we eat it on the bread, but the flavor certainly is still quite wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to hear from you.

Lois