About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here We Go Again!

Good morning,

Here we go again!  We are on our way South to Port Canaveral.  These images are from the first leg of our journey from Cincinnati, Ohio, to Columbia, South Carolina.
Here we are crossing the Ohio River into the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Kentucky has beautiful farm land...
...of both old and new farms.
 We had wonderful clear weather for this leg of our journey.
 Big farms...
 ...old farms...
 ...cows...
 ...and barns with quilt patterns of the lady of the house.
 We truly love to drive to the port. 
 Here's another barn for the weekly Barn Charm posts.  ;)
 Now in the mountains of the Carolinas...
 ...or, should I say...
 ...through the mountains.

Stay tuned for the next installation of our journey.  We stopped at a rest stop where we photographed beautiful Spring flowers.

We hope you enjoy traveling with us.

Very best,
Lois

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14 comments:

Marty Mason said...

Love all the pictures - beautiful countryside. My favorite - well, of course, the barn with the quilt painted on it! Safe travels.

Judy said...

I've seen that tunnel before :) I've really been enjoying your trip right along with you.

Nedra said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. I love the barn with the quilt too!

TexWisGirl said...

love that countryside! and the quilt patterns! you're now the 2nd blogger that's posted them in the past couple of weeks. lovely!

Montanagirl said...

Nice series, Lois. I've never really been down in that part of the country, so it's fun to see what you see.

Rose said...

I just sent you a picture that I took...mine was taken at a faster ISO I think than yours....you can tell when you open both up and compare.

Anonymous said...

I have a photo of that same barn with the rusted tin roof. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I have a photo of that same barn with the rusted tin roof. Amazing.

Diana said...

Very NICE Lois. Whenever you travel through the Carolina's you make me miss my daughter! Have fun.
Love Di ♥

Living Life said...

Lots of great scenery on your road trip! THanks for sharing and be safe!

Erin Wallace said...

The barn with the quilt pattern is so lovely. I just love old barns.

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning, everyone,

We truly do love these road trips. It is interesting how many different things we see when we travel the same route to and from the ship. We have done this in all seasons. The worst trip was when I travelled down to the Port of Miami by myself to join My Honey after a meeting on board in January, 2011. We had a snow emergency in the Midwest and I had roads frozen in ridges of ice from Cincinnati to the Tennessee border. Another time several years ago, My Honey and I were literally chased home by a hurricane.

For those who have asked about the storms that went through the areas where we travelled this time, I just want to say we were so lucky to be there between them. We were much more fortunate to miss them than the people who live there. Since I am only able to upload images on Sundays when we are in US ports and I have enough band width with my own Internet connection, my images are lagging real time by a few days.

Thank you so much, everyone, for stopping by and for your very kind comments. I enjoyed being where I could connect yesterday to visit your blogs, too.

Very best,
Lois

Anonymous said...

La lala laalala lah! On the road Again!! Da deet deet deeet da deet...debbie

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for taking us along...I REALLY Needed a vacation and it was Such Fun!
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs,
Donna