About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Single Serving - Jule Ribbe

 Good morning,

 I was asked about the Jule Ribbe (see yesterday's post) and how it looks and tastes when served.

The image above is a top view of two sections.  Two pieces are enough for me!  This is very tiny, probably 3" x 1".  The top you see is very crunchy.  In fact, you can hear the crunch all around the table.  It's delicious.  

 This is a side view.  As we know, fat carries flavor. The piece you see above has a section of meat in the center of the piece surrounded mostly by fat.  I dissect my Jule Ribbe. I eat the crunchy top and the meat out of the center.  I pass on the fat and I still get plenty of flavor. 

So, obviously, if we ate this every night, we'd be dead in less than a month.  It's a Christmas treat in Norway where it is very, very cold in the winter so the extra calories help keep them warm.  

What are your traditional holiday foods?

All the best,

Lois

No comments: