About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Santa has Special Keys

 Good morning,

I took this image of our fireplace last night as I was thinking about what I asked my mother when I was little.

I was so concerned about Santa coming down chimneys when there could be fires in fireplaces.  Mom eased my fears by telling me that Santa comes in the front door at those houses.  Then I was concerned about leaving doors unlocked and Mom was quick to tell me that Santa has special keys.

Wow, my Mom had all the bases covered, didn't she!

And, to all a good night....

Lois

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Funny but I can't ever recall asking similar questions Lois, but your mother was certainly a wise and well-prepared woman.

MarkD60 said...

I remember wondering the same thing. It's just magic!

angela said...

I told my kids that Santa had a special set of keys too.
And I knew it was him because I hear the reindeer lol
They were a tad worried Santa may have lost the keys or someone else was coming into the house lol