About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Rest Stop Flowers

 Good morning,

These beautiful flowers were blooming at a rest stop in Kentucky.  

Rest stops certainly have changed since I was on road trips with my family when I was a child.  I mean, gee, now there are flushing toilets!  Just kidding.  Most of the rest stops had flushing toilets when I was a child, but the facilities weren't nearly as nice as they are now.

More travel images from our trip to Missouri are coming....

Lois

2 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

Such nicely landscaped rest stops nowadays! I do recall a lot of glorified outhouse rest stops when I was young. Spooky, and us kids would be very quick about getting in and getting out!

Rose said...

The rest stop even provided photo opportunities!