About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Hoof Print Evidence

 Good morning,

Here's another image that our daughter, Catherine, sent to me.  This is hoof print evidence that the deer continue to wander the neighborhood, including the soft soil area beside our driveway.  

We have mentioned our many deer sightings to two of our neighbors who were completely unaware of their presence.  Amazing.  The deer are not only huge, they are here on a regular basis.  One neighbor even said, "I wondered why our flowers were eaten."  

I think it's fun to have the wildlife so close here in the city.  After 42 years living here, we have just begun seeing so many critters in the past eight to ten years.  Our dogs let us know sometimes when the deer are nearby;  other times we see them ourselves without the dogs seeing them across the fence that is covered by greenery.

Happy Fall!

Lois

3 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

I have never seen deer on Oahu, but my brother used to hunt deer on Molokai. I don't care for venison, though. The flavor does not appeal to me.

Olde Dame Holly said...

When I lived in the Pacific NW, I decided to get some sand and put it in smooth circle. Then I threw some carrots and apple pieces in the middle of the circle. The next morning, there were SO MANY animal prints. Deer, raccoons, Norway RATS, and more. I made casts of them with plaster of paris, for the classroom! Isn't it amazing that while we are fast asleep, the animals are so busy, literally in our yards?

Rose said...

I always wonder if other people see what we see...normally that is the eagles. I don't see them real often, but sometimes from our yard. Others when driving. And I always wonder is there another soul out there that watches the sky.