About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Kalanchoe

 Good morning,

That's a kalanchoe plant on my butler's pantry window sill.  I took the cuttings from other plants I have grown from one received by Catherine nearly ten years ago when she was ill.  I think this cutting is happy here in this spot and will grow into a strong healthy plant.  I look forward to seeing the pretty red blooms.

Do you take cuttings from your plants to grow more plants?  The home where I lived before this one had much more light and spaces where I could grow plants.  I had a "jungle" in our very bright dining room.  Our current home has always been surrounded by tall trees so there aren't many plants growing indoors.

So, all the plants will slow down for awhile now that Fall is here.  I'm actually looking forward to the cooler weather, the glow of the fireplace, and wearing sweaters.

All the very best,

Lois

2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

To me, the most impressive thing about this post is the discovery that you have a butler, and your butler has his own pantry! (Haha!)

My house and porches get light, my yard doesn't. I would love to be able to grow more fruit and vegetables.

Lois Evensen said...

Mark, you're a riot! We have a VERY old house. The butler's pantry is a small room between the kitchen and the dining room. It is where the butler would wait for the next orders or to deliver the next course of a meal. No, we don't have a butler, but the original owners seemed to have one. There is a spot on the dining room floor, beneath the head of household's chair, where there was a button he could push with his foot to call the butler into the dining room. That spot is covered up with lovely carpet now. Our home was built by the family that owned Red Top Brewery. We are the fourth owners and have lived here longer than any other family.