About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Hippo Beer?

 Good morning,

On my way to the Hyde Park Post Office here in Cincinnati I found myself behind a beer truck I'd never seen before.  Of course, the Hippo Beer stuck out to me!

 There are a number of restaurants and taverns in the area that serve specialty food and drink so this wasn't too much of a surprise.  

BUT!  The reason I took note is because Hippos are very special here in Cincinnati.  We have Fiona, the smallest Hippo ever born in captivity to survive.  Fiona has become quite a star and is known world wide:

a hippo in the water  https://cincinnatizoo.org/the-fiona-show/

 And here is her Facebook page with 202.6 K members:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169270496980517

We absolutely LOVE our Fiona and she surely loves humans.  She loves to perform for and pose with her keepers and visitors. 

If you're ever near Cincinnati, stop by and see our Fiona!

:),

Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

I love your hippo. There is one at the Honolulu Zoo, but it doesn't do much but sleep.