About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Another Winner Breakfast Bread

 Good morning,

Here in "Mama Evensen's Test Kitchen" I've been making (way too much for our waistlines) yeast breakfast breads.  See the long list of bread recipes I've published on this blog here.

I made the loaf pictured above with my sour cream egg bread, then after the second rise I flattened the dough, added walnuts and white chocolate chips, then rolled it before placing it in a bread pan.

 After baking, I cooled it on a rack, then prepared cognac/powdered sugar (with three drops of vanilla) frosting and spread it on the top.  That cognac frosting is just spectacular.

The plastic top of the container I used happened to smash the top of the frosting so it's not as pretty as it was when just made, but it sure did taste good!

I think I will need to start getting creative with salads instead - soon!  ;)

Enjoy,

Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

That looks absolutely spectacular!!! Love the ingredients.