About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Face Mask Saga

 Good morning,

A few days ago I posted about the three masks I received at my Meijer store when I entered to do my weekly grocery shopping.

This week I received three more N95 masks (see above) which was great because my family members haven't been able to get them.  This time the masks are equipped with valves.  What makes these interesting is our hospitals don't allow the masks with these vents that allow the air exhaled by the wearer to leave the mask, thus contaminating the nearby air.  

Soooooo, that means the person wearing the mask is somehow protected, but anyone nearby not wearing a mask is not....

The Saga of the Government Issued Masks continues.

Your tax dollars at work.

An aside:  I have recently had two teeth replaced with dental implants. The teeth aren't in the center front, but close enough that they would be missed if I spoke or smiled.  After the initial surgery to place the implants, the bone had to heal for four months, then the gums were surgically opened, impressions made, the new teeth made, then mounted.  All of this took another month.  During this time, it was good to be able to wear a mask in public so that I could hide my role as a cast member of the Beverly Hillbillies show.  I just love dental implants, but the journey to get them is a long one.

Lois

1 comment:

MarkD60 said...

A virus is much smaller than an air molecule. The mask doesn't protect the person wearing it, it protects others by stopping droplets that fly from people's mouth as they talk and breathe. These droplets evaporate, and leave the virus airborne.