About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, August 30, 2021

My Honey's Work in Process

 Good morning,

Kjell has talked about making a guitar from wood for quite some time now and here is his beautiful creation!

He's still tweaking it, but it's almost finished now.

Here's what he wrote about it on his FaceBook page:

"Since so many people are making their own guitars, the time had come for me to make one. Since I'm not so much fond of a pure electrical guitar a combination of acoustic/electric would be the thing. Fender had made a few good looking acoustic/ electric guitars. I found an image of one of their guitars I liked and then went to the drawing board. I didn't want to make a copycat so I made a few changes. It's mainly the body that is most lookalike. Material used: African Mahogany for the body and the neck, Maple for the top and Curly Maple for the fretboard. There are three pickups installed: Fleor tele pickup, Ultrathin pickup for the saddle and a 50mm Piezo pickup. The control is an IKN switch control. All cheap stuff just in case. 😉 I will thank Scott Hamel for many good tips during my building process. If I build one more I will change few measurments. It's not always that eye measurements work well. 😉 And, yes, it works and the sound is pretty good. 😎"

 Very cool!

Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks like a very nicely crafted instrument.