About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Snow Day Baking - Banana Blueberry Walnut Bread

Good morning,

Sometimes snow days make for the best days, don't they.  ;)

We didn't "have" to go out anyway so it wasn't a problem to stay home during our last snow days.  I had bananas that My Honey noticed were calling out to me:  "Banana Bread!"  So, I obliged and made banana bread.

While mashing those bananas I realized there weren't quite enough of them so I added some fresh blueberries.  I came up with one of the best quick breads we have had in a long time.  Of course, quick breads are more like cake than bread, but "bread" sounds so much lower in calories than "cake."  It's definitely not!

I used the basic banana bread recipe from my Mom's Betty Crocker Cookbook (every recipe my Mom ever made started with "1 cup sugar") plus those blueberries and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.

Yum!

Lois

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Hhhmm. . . bananas and blueberries! Never thought about that one. Good idea.