About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Bread Making Day

 Good morning,

I hadn't made my breakfast bread for months so made enough sour cream and egg bread dough for one loaf of breakfast bread and two standard size loaves.

Above you see the breakfast bread after the first rise.  I have kneaded again and pressed out in a large circle so that I could add dried blueberries and butterscotch chips.  I then folded the edges of the dough to the center, inverted, and placed this breakfast bread into a round baking dish.

 Concurrently, I had shaped the rest of the bread into standard loaves.

 In the same oven I baked the round loaf for 35 minutes, then added another ten minutes for the larger loaves.

Here are the magic ingredients for the breakfast bread icing.  ;)  That's about 3/4 cup powdered sugar, three drops of vanilla, and just enough cognac to get the consistency I wanted. 

 Whisk until smooth

 

 then drizzle over the bread.
Slice and enjoy!

You can always diet tomorrow.

;),

Lois