About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Old Movies

 Good morning,

Yesterday afternoon I was scanning cable channels while on (what I thought would be) a short break from other activities around the house.  

I landed on the King and I and was immediately engrossed in this wonderful old movie.  I ended up watching all of it while knitting.  It's amazing how much knitting and crocheting I get accomplished when there is something really good on TV.

I especially enjoyed the rendition of Uncle Tom's Cabin in the movie.  Author Harriet Beecher Stowe lived in Cincinnati and her home is now a museum.  It is just a few blocks from our home.  

What a small world....

Lois

1 comment:

Kim said...

The King and I was my MIL's favourite. All of her granddaughters have fond memories of hunkering down with Grandmaman to enjoy the songs and the colours. Thanks for reminding me!