About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Bread Baking - Part I of II

 Good morning,

I'm back to baking bread several times a week and we are enjoying it way too much.  ;)

Above you see dough after the first rise.  I've made a double batch so I can make both braided bread and small loaves.  My bread recipe is here.

 I separated the dough into three pieces,

 then formed them into strips.

Then I braided them...

...before carefully placing the braid into a greased loaf pan. 

I put it into the oven for another rise before baking.

To be continued tomorrow....

Lois

2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I bet it's delicious, and the aroma is out of this world! How old is that Corning ware, I wonder?

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Mark,

I imagine the Cornflower Corning Ware is about 50 years old. I have my Mom's as well as my own. Over the years I've noticed it is worth more on the vintage market. I prefer to use it rather than sell it. :)

It's good to see you. Thanks for stopping by.

Lois