About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Deer in the Neighborhood

 Good morning,

Catherine snapped these images as she was driving down our driveway recently.

The deer are wandering around on the campus of Xavier University where there is renovating happening this summer.  I think the wildlife are just as affected as the rest of us with all of the construction noises. 

We've been here for 43 years, but didn't start seeing deer here until eight or ten years ago.  We are sure it is because of all of the land development just North of us.

Happy Summer!

Lois

1 comment:

Sherry said...

My neighborhood is over run with deer. I can only plant "deer resistant" plants in the front yard and even then, they will chow down on flowers. I opened my front door once many years back and there was a deer staring back at me as if he were asking, "What are YOU doing here?" I could almost have reached out and touched him!