About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Waiting for My Human

 Good morning,

Every dog owner knows each dog has his/her own personality.  Our Wendy is no exception.  She's a funny little girl who likes to get up in chairs both inside and outside.  When she gets up in a patio chair, she doesn't want to get down without her human (any one of her humans will do) holding the back of the chair so it won't tilt as she is jumping down.

Yesterday afternoon the girls had let themselves out through the dog door.  A few minutes later I heard gentle barking (that's bark, pause, bark, pause) coming from the back yard.  Upon inspection, I found Wendy waiting for her human to come out and hold the back of her chair so she could jump down.

It's a good thing we humans are so well trained!

;),

Lois

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Your last sentence sums it all up so nicely. I often think the same as I follow my pup around picking up the droppings he just leaves for me. "I'm done here, you can go ahead and clean up after me now."