About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Seams and Finishing

 Good morning,

I'm making great progress on the custom order basket weave sweater.  Yesterday I finished matching each row and crocheting seams together.  After that I still  had to do all finishing of weaving in ends, sewing in my label, and adding a "hand made" charm.

It's a long process to design and hand knit a sweater, but the rewards are great!  I made a similar one for myself in navy blue more than 15 years ago and I'm still wearing it.  Perhaps it's time to make another for myself, too.

 As soon as I finish this sweater, I'll be back to work on the custom order afghan blanket I started recently.  I move back and forth between knit and crochet projects to give my hands and fingers a rest from the same repetitive movements.  It works!

;),

Lois

No comments: