About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Snowball Flowers

Good morning,

I took today's images across the street from our home at one of Xavier University's buildings.  The building is a home that has been converted to university offices.  It is not uncommon for deliveries to come to our home instead of the XU office.  I was delivering a package we received by mistake when I stopped to take these pictures.
When I was a child we called these snowball flowers, but I'm sure someone will tell me their correct name. 

So pretty!

Lois

3 comments:

Rose said...

I knew them as snowballs, too. Does that tell our age???LOL

Beth said...

Lois, they are lovely, and look like Hydrangeas to me...but a snowball by any other name would be as sweet :-)

warmly,

Beth

Lois Evensen said...

Thank you, Beth, I'm sure you're right. :) I always liked those in pinks and blues, too, but the soil had to be perfect to get the color to be the brilliant.