About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Neck Warmer - Knit



Good morning,

The neck warmer is basically just a sweater collar without the sweater.  It's oh-so-easy and is such a nice item to have in your wardrobe. It can be used under a shirt as a dickey, too, to add a touch of color to a plain shirt or sweater. It is especially nice to wear pulled up over your nose and mouth on really cold days when walking the dog/s and you don't want a scarf flying around when you are handling one or more leashes.

I was moved to make this because I had a ball of this gorgeous yarn left over from another project.  I love the color and like the feel of it next to my skin so this is a perfect use for it. 

I just can't let any little piece of yarn go unused. :)

Very best,

Lois

-----------------------
Neck Warmer - Knit
-----------------------

Materials: about 2 oz. of #4 yarn, #9 circular knitting needles

Cast on 88 st, place marker, join being careful not to twist, and work in round.

k2, p2 for 8 "

Bind off in pattern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I saw your comment at Happy Days!I'm a fellow Ohioan and grandmother too, whose daughter influenced her to blog. I love crusty homemade bread, so will try some of your recipes.
...Wanda

Lois Evensen said...

Hello Wanda and Welcome! I am so glad you posted here because it took me over to look at your blog and now I'll be reading it regularly. Your images and family are beautiful. Lois

Anonymous said...

Hi Lois! so glad your visiting Happy Days. The house in the header is our Mountain House. It is located at the base of Snowshoe Ski Resort. Nah, we don't ski. We have been going there for years and years and 6 years ago we bought that house with 3 acres. We mow only a small portion and keep the rest natural as the deer bed down in the tall grasses. It is a 3 hour drive from there to our house in Scott Depot. We go up as often as possible. Love it there. No cell phones work there...which is nice. We do have a land line. you knit really good! I tried to make a throw once and got so upset with it I took it to Bob's grandmother. That was way back when I was in college. Maybe I'd be better at it now...lol...maybe...debbie

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Debbie and Welcome! What a lovely home you have and thank you for your kind words about the knitting. I look forward to getting to know you better. Lois :)