About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tam Hat for 18" Doll - Crochet

Good morning,

Ginger needed one more item to make her sweater (pattern here) and skirt (pattern here) outfit complete.  

The little tam hat above probably took me no more than six or eight minutes to make, but it so important to complete the "look" of her outfit.  ;)
Back in the days I was teaching needlecrafts, I would have used an outfit like this to teach different techniques.  

The hat is crocheted in the round using a standard crochet hook.  The skirt is knitted in the round using both double pointed and circular needles.  The sweater is made in Tunisian (afghan) stitch using an afghan hook.

If you would like to make the hat, the pattern is below.

Enjoy!
Lois

PS - My friend, Marit of Marit's Hobby Blog has a give away.  Be sure to click to enter!

Ginger's Crocheted Tam Hat

Materials:

A small amount of blue #4 yarn

work in round; ch 2 always counts as first dc in round, join each round with ss

ch 4, join with ss

round 1: 12 dc in round

round 2: 2 dc in each st (24 st in round)

round 3: *2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next st. Repeat from *. (36 st in round)

round 4: *2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next 2 st. Repeat from *. (48 st in round)

round 5: *2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next 3 st. Repeat from *. *60 st in round)

round 6: work even in dc

round 7: *k3, k2 tog. Repeat from * (48 st in round)

round 8: *k2, k2 tog. Repeat from * (36 st in round)

round 9: work even in sc. 

Break off.  Weave in ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Lois...if you were really tricky, you'd make that young lady some two-toned boots!! Then she'd really have a complete outfit!! Can't wait to see them!! ...debbie

Marit Johanne said...

It looks like you have been busy with your crochet needle! Very cute doll's outfit. It is nice that you will join my give away. I have used the scarf I won from you much in this cold winter, maybe you now will win a shawl from me :) Even if we are creating ourselves it is so much fun to get something that others have made. Good luck in the drawing!

Marit Johanne said...

It looks like you have been busy with your crochet needle! Very cute doll's outfit. It is nice that you will join my give away. I have used the scarf I won from you much in this cold winter, maybe you now will win a shawl from me :) Even if we are creating ourselves it is so much fun to get something that others have made. Good luck in the drawing!

Anonymous said...

You are very good at this craft. Patty, my wife, has made a number of things and still does.

Montanagirl said...

That is really cute. Matches perfectly.

Elaine said...

It might be a simple project but it does complete the outfit nicely. The recepient of the outfit is going to be thrilled.

Lois Evensen said...

Good mroning,

Wow, Debbie, now you've given me a challenge. ;) I'll have to see if I finally used up that yarn. I usually make turtles with the last few scraps.

I've actually started a sweater for myself. I was delighted to have enough of the same yarn so that I could do that. It'll still be cold when we get home next month so a new sweater will be nice.

It was great to be able to have a connection to see all of your blogs yesterday while we were in a US port.

Thanks so much, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois