About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Driving Down A Sea Road

Good morning,

My Honey and I walked on an outside deck to go to lunch.  The sea was very choppy and we were rocking and rolling on this giant ship, Freedom of the Seas.
We joked that the white caps were our version of snow out here on the high seas.
As I took this image above of the "sea road" behind us, My Honey took the following short video.


Enjoy!

Lois

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lois, even though those whitecaps reminded you of snow (back home in Ohio?) most folks would prefer seeing them then piles of snow.

Wanda..... said...

I know it's a joyous voyage, but the video had a melancholy feel to it... the look of leaving... or going on forever!

Marit Johanne said...

I think I would prefer the white on the sea right now. I think we have had enough of snow, but it is only January, we can still get much more snow! The problem now is that we had a week when the temperatures were higher and much melted, but then it got cold so it is iced everywhere. Only the main roads are without ice.

Diana said...

Very frothy! I love watching the water, lakes, oceans whatever! It's very calming. Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

Goodness, that first shot of the sea, those waves look mighty high. Eeeek. The video...you can tell how powerful those turbines, or motors are to leave a wake THAT long. Wonder if the fish like to swim in it...kind of like a whirlpool tub...lol ...debbie

grammie g said...

Hi Lois..I haven't had breakfast yet and after looking at those waves and the tossing about I'm not so sure about that lol
Beautiful picture of the water but I prefer mine snow too!!

Beth said...

Lois, the video was mesmerizing. It would be easy to lose track of yourself just watching the sea.

Beth

Cathy said...

Hello Lois
Glad to hear you are having another good voyage. How long fegore you are home again?
Now I'll know what to call that lovely trail of froth behind the ship lol
With the warm weather we are having this weekend I wouldn't mind being on board and feeling the wind in my hair.
Take care
Cathy

Marty Mason said...

Beautiful...loved the video...be sure to tell him I said thank you.

Lois Evensen said...

Hi,

Yes, the sea was pretty high and the wake can bring all sorts of feelings. We just love the water and being on it.

Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind words.

Very best,
Lois