About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Freedom of the Seas Flow Rider

Good morning,

We have a Flow Rider here aboard Freedom of the Seas.  Time is set aside for lessons for those who would like to learn and other times are available for experienced riders.

I have a series of still images here of two people learning the skills, then a video at the end that includes the sound as well as the action of a third person on the board.
First some directions are given so students know how to stand on the board. 
The teachers are Royal Caribbean cruise staff members.
For just learning...
...this young lady did an excellent job.
But...
...as with all new learners...
 ...there is usually a...
 ...big splash at the end.
 This man's attempt...
 ...was a bit shorter in duration...
 ...but...
 ...he sure made a big splash at the end.

 Now here's a video that gives you the sound as well as the sights:




It sure looks like fun!  Would you like to do this? 

Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11 comments:

Diana said...

I would love to do that except I don't think that my knees would hold up! But I would have done this years ago! How about you Lois? Did you try?
Love Di ♥

Jenny said...

It does look like fun! I'd definitely give it a try... even with what looks to be LOTS of spectators. When will we see YOUR video of trying? :-)

grammie g said...

Hi Lois...is there not anything you can't do on that ship...lol???
That is crazy..with my coordination I would not even be able to get on the board..: }}

Did that last guy on the video lose his shorts???

Montanagirl said...

Apparently it's not as easy as it looks!

Beth said...

Lois, it looks like a blast!

Have you??

Beth

Anonymous said...

Mano-O-Man!! doesn't that look like fun!! I'd try it if I were about 20 years younger. Probably would kill myself now!!! ...debbie

Christine said...

Looks like fun, my knees wouldn't even let me attempt to do it.

Barb said...

I would try this..looks like fun!

Wanda..... said...

Looks like a lot of fun for those who would "want" to do it!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lois. it seems there is never an end to what you can do onboard this ship. How much longer will this fun continue?

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

No, haven't tried that one myself, but the kids and grand kids would surely love it! I am extremely careful with muscles, joints, and bones. Everything is working just fine and I want to keep it that way. ;)

Beatrice, we'll go home next month to enjoy the end of winter in front of the fireplace. We are looking forward to the trip through the mountains where we hope to get some picturs of snow.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois