About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

High Level Jobs

Good morning,

My Honey and I went ashore in St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. for lunch and a little shopping.  We looked back up at our ship, Freedom of the Seas, and saw two men with very high level jobs.
Here's another view without zooming to get the image.  The men were cleaning the aft part of the ship above the Windjammer Restaurant.  Of course, they are wearing safety harnesses, but not having a fear of heights is also very important for this high level job.
Just a few steps further, we saw this little bird behaving very much like a hummingbird trying to get into this window to get to those boxes inside.  This was the only image I could catch, but does anyone know what this little bird down here in the tropics is?  It was fascinating to see how it moved, but nearly impossible to catch with my camera.

Very best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



6 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Sure looks like a Hummingbird! Did you get to see its bill?

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh my... but you did get a very good photo shot of this little bird! What a big little soul!
Blessings!
Ann

Lois Evensen said...

No, I didn't see the bill, but it acted like a humming bird. For some reason I didn't expect to see a humming bird down here in the Caribbean, but I guess that is exactly what we saw. :)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Oh my, that IS high.. brrr...
I threw the Lois notes in the big giveaway hat, fingers crossed for YOU.
Have a happy start to the new week, Lois xxxx

Diana said...

I don't know what the bird was but he or she has very pretty colors. Perhaps it thought there was a prize waiting inside! Love Di ♥

Karen said...

wow!! That is high. I really don't like heights but somehow my kids persuaded them to take me up top of the World Trade Centre in 2000. I have never been up another high building since and of course, beacause of that nightmare tragedy that memory stays with me even more.