About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Test Candle - Mosquito Zapper

 Good morning,

This was the first test candle I made to see if coffee beans and cloves really keep mosquitos away.  It seems it does work.  I've ordered bulk wax on line and add my own spices.  I researched both coffee and cloves for safety for dogs to breathe.  Coffee is fine for dogs, but cloves are not safe for them so I don't add them to candles that we use inside. 

I made this candle in an old pickle jar.  Now that I know it works, I've made many more so always have one burning whenever we are outside on the patio.

Our 15 year old Labrador Retriever, Erik, takes extra time getting in and out of the patio door so mosquitos take the opportunity to come inside.  Kjell has set up his electric bug zapper in the "library" just inside the door.  Throughout the evening, when we hear the crispy zappy sound,  we all cheer.  One more mosquito that won't be inside to bite us!

Ah, yes, Summer....

;),

Lois

No comments: