About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, January 28, 2022

N 95 Masks

 Good morning,

If you live in the USA, have you gotten your N95 masks yet?

As I walked into my Meijer store this week I was handed these three masks.  It struck me as funny that the woman passing them out was not wearing a mask.  I was already wearing a mask of my own at the time.  In my household we are all fully vaccinated and boostered, but I am careful.... I feel it's a personal choice whether we wear masks or not. I'm not out often, only do what I need to do outside the house, so wear the mask for the short time I am exposed to others.  I not only want to avoid Covid and all it's various spin offs, but even the common cold. Maybe by next winter I won't be so conservative about this....

It wasn't until I got home that I saw in the news that our US government is passing out the free N95 masks to everyone from our reserve stockpile.

Again, I'll say I believe it is a personal choice to wear a mask or not.  I'll not comment on the political implications, but I do wonder how many of my tax dollars paid for my three masks.

Hmmmm....  Food for thought....

Lois

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

....and why at one time there was supposed to be a shortage of these same masks? Now, being handed out, free?!!!

Rose said...

They probably cost double what you woukdchave paid to buy your own.