About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Breakfast Bread

 

 Good morning,

While making bread recently, I made enough extra dough to make a special breakfast bread. This particular batch featured cream cheese that gave the bread a very smooth texture.  Above you see my breakfast bread after the first rise.  I have kneaded it once again and pressed it back into the bowl so that I could place dried cranberries in the center.

 

I then folded the edges in and pressed them together before...

 

...placing the loaf into a medium size oven proof dish.

 

 After I let it rise again for about 30 minutes, I placed it in the oven and baked at 350F for 35 minutes.

 

 Here it is on the cooling rack before I made the frosting with...

 

 ...some really GOOD stuff!

 

 I placed about 3/4 cup powdered sugar in a bowl and added enough cognac to get the consistency I wanted for the frosting.  I stirred with the whisk until it was smooth.

 

 I then "drizzled" the frosting over the breakfast bread.

 And we enjoyed it!  It disappeared quite quickly!

Cognac for breakfast!  ;) 

I also made some traditional loaves out of the same batch of bread:  


Yum!

Lois

1 comment:

carol l mckenna said...

Oh Wow! looks and sounds delicious ~ I will stop by for a slice ~ Xo

Merry Christmas to you,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)