About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Feeding Our Crafty Squirrel

 Good morning,

I took these pictures while sitting in my chair in the living room.  That's our resident squirrel with a half a mini loaf of my bread in his mouth.

 When I make a new batch of bread every day or two, I throw what is left of the old batch out for the birds and, obviously, the squirrels, too.

 The fun part is that he is preparing to jump to a tree on the right, just out of sight of the window.  He made it, but the bread took a trip to the ground.  I didn't go out to look, but I'm sure he went down to the ground and took it up the other tree.

Our dogs have stopped getting excited about Mr. Squirrel except when he comes right up to the bottom of the glass door between the living room and front porch and stares at them through the window.  Then they let him know they see him big time!

;),

Lois

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I have a resident rabbit that lives underneath the shed out back. If I see it before I let the dogs out, I will bang on the sliding glass door to warn it that two big dogs are about to come out! Morgan doesn't much care about it, but Bailey will chase it all over the yard. Fortunately - so far! - the rabbit can outrun Bailey!

gigi-hawaii said...

There are no squirrels in Hawaii. Haha.

Olde Dame Holly said...

When we lived in Texas, we had a belligerent squirrel who would try to pick fights with our (huge) dogs. The poor dogs were cowed by this chattering bully, who could go so far as to tug on their leashes. The squirrel had lost his tail somewhere during his life. We saw him for several years and then, no more. I don't know how long they live. I can tell you he ate very well at the bird feeders.

Prims By The Water said...

I always heard bread is bad for birds....especially stale bread. Squirrels are a crafty animal. Janice

Lois Evensen said...

Prims by The Water, you are correct about commercial bread that contains many chemicals that can be harmful to birds. Our bread, however, is made by me with only natural ingredients. The birds in our garden thrive on it.