About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Work in Process This Week

Good morning,

I started this feather and fan design scarf, then was sorry I did because the yarn is very difficult to control over the needles I'm using.  I've searched through my other needles to find another in bamboo, but the yarn hardly slips over those needles at all which is also difficult. If I could get out to the store, I'll shop for other needles to use.  Catch 22.  Well, I didn't feel like tearing it all out, so I'm continuing.  It's almost finished now and I'll keep this one myself.  I just love it!  I'll make another with other yarn and needles for the shop.
I have this hat and cowl set just started. It'll be a lacy ladders set similar to the winter white and soft browns sets that I recently made for the shop. 

I'm still working on the off white flowers for the next afghan that I showed you last time, too.

And, then, as I was happily knitting and crocheting along, all of us Etsy sellers received an email from Josh Silverman, Etsy CEO, asking those of us who could to make non-medical masks.  The Center for Disease Control had recommended all of us wear non-medical masks (leave the medical masks for the medical personnel) when making necessary trips outside the house. 
I developed this design and made quite a few for our family and Catherine's office staff.  She is in an essential business (CPA) and owns her own building.  She is not allowing the public into her lobby, but is receiving tax information through the door.
I then made this one and listed it in the shop.  It sold within the hour so I went to work making even more.
 So the rest of my time has been spent making masks and I've been able to build up a selection in the shop.  We include three disposable food grade filters and they're here if you care to take a look.  These are NON medical masks that are intended to be used in conjunction with the CDC recommendation for the general public to use when making necessary trips out into public areas.

That has been my crazy week making at least four dozen of these.

What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the best,
Lois