About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Apple Snack


Good morning,

I cut up one large apple and put it on a plate with some honey for dipping and peanut butter for smearing, then went to sit in front of the TV and watch the news as I ate my snack.

I had to laugh at our four pups who sat there drooling as I enjoyed this.  I would understand if it were pizza, a hamburger, bacon sandwich....  Our dogs want whatever we are eating and yes, I shared and they loved it.

An aside:  I checked with the AKC about giving raspberries to the pups since I had plenty of them to share recently.  The answer is yes, raspberries in moderation are good for dogs, especially older dogs because they relieve inflammation.  The pups thought they were pretty good, too.

All the best,
Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

Good to know about the raspberries being good for inflammation. I usually take Advil or ibuprofen for inflammation.