About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Needlework and Wood Working Update - November, 2015

 
 Good morning,

It has been another very busy month of knitting, crocheting, and wood working.  The items in this post have been finished since the October Needlework Update;  I often surprise myself when I get all of the pictures of the items together in one post. 

The child size red and white sweater above is a new design that I've had in mind for quite some time.  I finally stopped working on other projects long enough to get my ideas on paper and onto the knitting needles.  I like the results so much that I'm working on another in an adult size.
This turquoise sweater is my cables and lace design that I've made several times in different colors and sizes.  Many have been special orders and have been delivered.  The design is so pretty I've made two that are available in the shop now, too. 
 Between larger projects, I like to finish a few smaller projects.  This wine or sparkling water bottle cover is gift wrap that won't be thrown away.
 These small "forget me not" baskets are the perfect place to park your phone, glasses, and/or keys so that you can find them when you need them.
 Back to a larger project, this is a lap blanket that is perfect for your reading chair or car.  It makes a perfect gift for someone who uses a wheelchair, too.
This bed or couch size afghan blanket is perfect for an Ohio State University fan.  ;)
This similar design afghan is in peach, burnt orange, and green. Lovely colors!
And, finally, this green and white afghan blanket was a special order for a Michigan State University fan.
Another smaller project, here's a toddler hat, just perfect for chilly Fall days.
This is a thick and soft adult hat.  I loved working with this yarn.
I enjoy making these little pin cushions and use one myself.

They became addictive...
...so I made quite a few...
...of them.
I made two sets of double thick cotton pot holders.  One set was to give as a gift, the other is in the shop.  These are also great hot pads.
This set of grey luggage identifiers was a special order.  They will be used on red luggage that is trimmed in grey.
These can and bottle cozies are convenience items that a friend suggested and were fun to make.  Thanks for the idea!  They're pretty neat.
My Honey has been very busy in his wood workshop, too.  He made this little jewelry caddy for me that I use daily for my rings and earrings.  Love it!
This scroll saw box is fabulous!  It has a drawer as well as a top section with wood hinges on the lid.  Gorgeous!
Here's another beauty that is in the shop.  The workmanship is just wonderful.
And, finally, we have added a few more seam rippers to the shop to restock those that have been sold.
These "multi-color brights" are made of laminated yellowwood.  This wood is also used to made pistol grips, tool handles, and other items that require a very strong wood.
 This is Orange Spalted Maple Burl wood.  Lovely texture.
So pretty and so useful!

These make wonderful gifts for quilters, tailors, and designers. 

So, that's the picture story of the items we have made this month.

Thank you for your positive reinforcement for our various projects.   I love seeing what you are quilting, knitting, crocheting, growing, cooking, baking, and photographing, too!

We now return to our regularly scheduled blogging. ;)

All the very best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hand Crafted Original and Traditional Designs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Ohh! Those seam rippers are to drool over!! Just beautiful!