About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Here Come the Peonies!

Good morning,

Here come the Peonies!  That ant sure was fast.  I thought this was a sharper image when I quickly took it with my phone camera, but, hey, I got it before he moved around to the other side.  The next images are much better!
These very special peonies were here when we moved in back in 1979.  There were two clumps in the back yard so I separated a few and took them to the front garden.
I'm so glad I did that because the plants in the back have now gone.  I think they were under the path the pups have worn in front of the wall.  At any rate, these lovely plants live on year after year.  How pretty!

I just love seeing pictures other bloggers are posting of all of the flowers blooming in other areas, too!

Enjoy,
Lois

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so lovely. i just read a post where someone put white peonies in some food coloring water and dyed one blue, one red, and kept one white. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tex's statement was cool.

Your flowers are very pretty Lois.

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, Tex, I saw that post, too. It was pretty cool and showed how moisture from the stem moves so quickly into the flower petals.

Lois said...

They are so pretty! I had no idea you could dye them with food coloring in their water like that either.