About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

School House for Sale

Good morning,

Today's image of an old school house for sale was taken while we were driving by.  I was happy it turned out as well as it did.  It is on the outskirts of Cincinnati and has had several uses since it was a school house.  It has obviously been upgraded with new windows.  If we had more time, it would have been fun to go in and take a tour.

Old buildings are always fun to explore, aren't they?

All the best,
Lois

15 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's nice to see when older buildings have been re-purposes, but sadly so many more have been left to decline I gracefully. Every time we go for a ride and I see old homes in disrepair and decline, Imcan't help but wonder how folks could walk away from them. But, doing so may have been less costly than any alternatives for them.

Faye said...

Had to smile at your title, Lois. "School House for Sale" -music to many kids' ears! :-)

Sherry said...

Think of all the history in that building!

Rose said...

Oh, I so wish you could have toured it...I would love to see more of it.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh boy, if the walls could talk!!! I too would have loved to go through it.

Kathy said...

Now wouldn't that be fun: to own an old schoolhouse!

Montanagirl said...

That is really cool! I love old buildings, shacks, barns, etc., but they're usually on private property, and we don't go in them...I'm quite sure there'd be snakes, mice, etc. in them.

Diana said...

Oh I love exploring old buildings! And yes I would have loved to see the inside of that building!
Love Di ♥

TexWisGirl said...

i bet the historical society has some restrictions on what can be done to it. :)

VP said...

If it is a way to preserve it...

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm glad that sturdy old buildings like that old school get repurposed. I have been out of high school for 39 years this year. Every single building that I attended in school in various towns in Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico has been torn down.

DeniseinVA said...

I love old buildings. This is a lovely one. I hope someone buys it and gives it a lot of TLC. If I had the know-how and the energy I would love to buy an old place and bring it back to the way it was and should be.

Elaine said...

Lovely drive-by! Just a little glimpse into the past.....

Pat said...

I love the bright red building! I hope someone buys it and it doesn't get knocked down!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

That would make a lovely home for someone willing to refurbish and renovate.