About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bees in the Garden

Good morning,

Mom called these flowers "Live Forevers" and they certainly do!  I have a long wide row of them on each side of the front walk that have grown from little pieces of a plant my son gave me about 15 years ago.  I think they are ready to take over. 
When I went out to take pictures of the pink blooms I found a bee on almost every bloom.

It was a busy day harvesting pollen! 

All the best,
Lois

Camera Critters



Copy this image and its link to place on your blog

25 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Pretty flowers, Lois, and obviously the bees agree. What are they called?

Lois said...

They sure are pretty! I love the color. The bees must be doing their job!

TexWisGirl said...

a very happy and happening spot!

Diana said...

Oh I have those same flowers in my yard, can't remember the name of them but they do spread! I wonder who tends your garden while you are away Lois? Love Di ♥

Faye said...

I was stalking these flowers yeasterday as well--no bees. Must have been the wrong time of the day. You've just given me an idea for next WW--thanks!

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

Thanks for all the kind words and for stopping by.

Diana, the bees tend my garden when I am away. :\ I don't have the same flowers I used to have, but some of them do manage to return even though I am not home year round to take care of them.

All the very best, my friends,

Lois

Betty Manousos said...

hi lois,

i love your bees and your garden.
lovely colours and lovely flowers.

have a great day!

Julie Ferguson said...

Lovely photos!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the bees having a good time!

Cindy said...

So many flowers are beautiful right now. My roses are beautiful.
Your flowers are beautiful.

momto8 said...

they are busy! pretty amazing, isn't it?!

Lady Jane said...

I love this plant. I just planted one in August and it did last forever. Wonderful Idea to use as a plant down the walkway. HMMMM.... LJ

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Lois, I love Autumn sedum and yes, the bees love them too. Mine is Autumn Joy and are a deep rose. They are a lovely late bloomer to brighten the fall garden.

Rose said...

Looks like the bees think you are raising their favorite crop!

Bob Bushell said...

Precious bloomers.

VP said...

I am a big guy, but I am quite scared by those busy little bugs... Childhood's memories?

Unknown said...

feasting bees! lovely flowers.

Red Euphorbia

Jama said...

Very nice!

betty-NZ said...

Whatever they are, they are gorgeous! And the bees seem to think they taste good!

joy said...

IT always fascinate me: The flower and the bee! From FFF.
my entry: Flowers to make you smile.
willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful flower!

My entry.

Snap said...

I think the bees agree -- beautiful flowers!

Pia said...

Nice shots from your busy bees!

DeniseinVA said...

Those are lovely!

Chubskulit Rose said...

My SIL calls it "Forever Living" and some calls it Autumn Joy.

Our PETS
Have a great weekend.