About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Keeping Her Ship Shape - Ten Decks Above the Sea

Good morning,

Soon after we were tied up in St. Thomas I looked out the window to do a quick weather check and noticed something different.  Can you see what it is?  Yep, it's that rope across my living room window!  I'm ten decks above the sea so that's not a usual sight.
A little twist of the head for a different view and I see a safety harness...
...and then a worker standing on the ledge outside.
 A look through my dining room window and here's another worker.

They are both painting to keep the white ship a ship shape shade of white. 

I like to paint, but don't think I would enjoy that "high level" job....

;),
Lois

6 comments:

Kathy said...

You bring up a subject I've wondered about. Are your quarters larger than what the cruisers have? You mentioned "living room." Do you have cooking facilities or must you eat all your meals in one of the dining rooms on the ship?

Montanagirl said...

Amazing! I don't do heights, LOL!!

Sherry said...

That is one job I will let someone else have!

Elaine said...

That would make you do a double take! Not a job I would want to do.

Vicki Boster said...

Lois-- I've long admired the dedication of the ships maintenance folks-- they do work so hard to keep the ships looking beautiful. I'd love to be in St Thomas today---

Vicki

VP said...

What a view!