About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Comfort Food

Good morning,

Some friends invited us to join them for a pasta dinner.  This is true comfort food. 

Sorry, I don't have the recipe, but it's a salmon pasta dish that includes heavy cream, dried tomatoes, and spices that give it a most amazing flavor. 

We have quite a few types of food that we consider comfort food.  What do you consider comfort food?

Yum  :),
Lois

10 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

Hi Lois!
Sorry I've been away! So happy to see you sailing along!
Comfy food? you ask. Oh my...does super dark chocolate and tea count? Then there is pizza, and fried eggs and ham...Simple things. Fresh bread and butter and jam...heavenly!
Blessings to you and hubby!
Ann

Montanagirl said...

I think I might like to try that pasta dish! I'm not sure I have a true comfort food. Perhaps home-made Spaghetti with Texas Toast.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Any form of chocolate does wonders for me, Lois.

Christine said...

Looks yummy! I love the little bowtie pasta.

Deere Driver said...

That dish so reminds me of Sweden.
My comfort food is all over the place. Depends on the time of day and the temperature. These hots days - ice cream!

TexWisGirl said...

mashed potatoes. or mac and cheese. :)

Lois said...

Anything that includes chocolate!

Olive Knitting said...

oh my...I love that salmon pasta. Lemon zest is an important ingrediant. Comfort food for me is popcorn, which was dinner every sunday whist growing up. I love my mother.

River Glorious said...

Anything I can eat w/o reacting to it, esp. if I didn't have to make it. :)

Michele said...

Mac and cheese :-)