About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Watching the Expert at Work - Upper Level of Eden Park, Cincinnati, USA

Good morning,

It seems whenever I am out taking pictures I run into this handsome man taking pictures in all the same spots.  OK, you're right, that's My Honey and I'm so glad we have many of the same hobbies and enjoy doing these things together.
Here's my image of the old Eden Park Water Tower and Bridge.  If you haven't seen it already, you can see his version, too. 

In addition to the images he publishes on his blog, Eye of the Big Dog, he has a great Hobby Photography site here.  
So, I strolled toward the river overlook and turned to take this shot of the daffodils.  Sure enough, there's that handsome man again over there taking pictures.  ;)
 The weather was so pretty on this day that there were plenty of people out to enjoy it.  That's a high school class over there sitting on the wall.
 In the valley beyond is the Ohio River, this view looking down river.  Beyond the river is Northern Kentucky.
 And, this is the view looking up river.

The weather this week has been cold, wet, dry, sunny, hot....  Well, you name it and we've had it here in Cincinnati.  We certainly picked the right day for this outing.

Best,
Lois

Check out My World.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I think that that guy is stalking you, or maybe you are stalking him. Either way, great photos.

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely shots. And it's definitely a plus that you and your husband enjoy the same hobby. ;)

Cathy said...

From that description of the weather it sounds like you were here down under in Melbourne this past week as well lol

TexWisGirl said...

so cute - the last time you mentioned this handsome man and you taking photos of each other, i wondered... :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the photos from the beautiful Park, such a pretty time of the year there! Also enjoyed your hubbys Blog. I looked at a ton of his photos and enjoyed them. I forgot to comment, so will go back and look at more! Thanks for letting us see his work!!...debbie

Montanagirl said...

Great series of photos. It's nice your husband and you share photography as a hobby.

Cheryl said...

Haha...love that you have a handsome man following you about with his camera! What fun it must be for the two of you to share this hobby. I loved looking at the photos. Beautiful country. I haven't been to your part of the country but hope to one day.

Beth said...

Lois, your picture of the Eden park water tower looks like a page out of a fairy tale. I expect to see a waterfall of Rapunzel's blond hair flowing out of the top of this tower :-)

Cincinnati looks beautiful through your eyes.

Beth

Angela Häring-Christen said...

So I can see on your pictures Ohio River and Northern Kentucky.
Thank you.
Greetings from Switzerland
Angela

Christine said...

What a lovely post Lois! Bet you and hubby had lots of fun taking photos that day.

Elaine said...

Beautiful photos of a lovely park! It's so nice that you both enjoy photography. My hubby doesn't take photos, but he does an excellent job of driving me around to help me out.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lois, we know what you mean about sharing interests - cooking, photography, outdoor stuff - and we also have our separate interests too. Thanks for the great park shots of the scenery and your Honey too!

Rose said...

Oh, wow. I love your shot of the water tower. Everything about it is right for me. And I gave a guick glance at your husband's Eye of the Dog and boy...I was impressed.

When I get more time I will have to investigate farther.