About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, April 1, 2011

David's Confirmation

Good morning,

We have reached another milestone in the life of one of our grandchildren.  We are so proud of our grandson, David, and how he has grown into such a remarkable young man.

Cincinnati's Retired Archbishop Daniel Pilarczyk officiated at David's Confirmation and here are a few pictures of that evening that I am so proud to share.
For the young people receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation, the Mass seemed to last forever, but eventually...
 ...we moved over to the school cafeteria for a reception.
 Obviously, I was a little late getting there to get a picture of the cake before it was cut.
 Here older sister Anna and younger brother Alex are in the cookie line. 
 After refreshments, David opened his cards, and, LOOK what is in this one!  A check!  ;)
Here's David with his Dad (our son) on this very special evening. I am sure this image will be a valuable one to have many years from now. 

I hope you've enjoyed our image record of this very special day in David's life.  :)

Very best,
Lois   <--- aka Very Proud Granny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Don't know which photo is sweeter...the one of David smiling with his dad or with "that check!"

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sweet memories, Lois, and that look on David's face as he's opening his cards is well, priceless!

Jenny said...

Congratulations to your grandson! Becoming an "adult" in the church is an exciting honor I know I didn't fully appreciate at the time. :-)

Sherry said...

What a lovely post, a day the family will remember forever. But I had to laugh at the thought of YOU, of all people, not getting a shot of that cake before it was cut!!!

Judy said...

What a wonderful event in a young persons life.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Lois, I am not glad you are having problems with google blogging like I am but am glad to hear I am not the only one.

Looks like a wonderful celebration! Congrats to a proud Grannie. I remember my confirmation like it was yesterday, 6th grade at St. Marys.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

The cake looks beautiful, Lois!

Have a loveliest of weekends, fill it up with joy xxxx

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh Lois... how absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing this very special day with us through your wonderful blog!
Blessings to David!
Ann
PS The lovely package filled with St. Patrick's day goodies just arrived!! Everything is so pretty! I especially love the turtle! You are so talented! (I will post about it all soon! I'll let you know!)

Angela Häring-Christen said...

What a wonderful day for the family and special for David.
Congratulation to David.
Greetings from Switzerland
Angela

Anonymous said...

Apparently the "check" was a fair amount to bring on such a cute facial expression of "WOW" !! Like the one with his dad too! Confirmation is a special time for sure!! Thanks for sharing this special time with us!!...debbie

Diana said...

I remember how excited I was for Katie at her confirmation. I was so nervous for her but she did so well.
It is an exciting event Lois. I am so glad that you were able to be home to take part in it. Blessings to your family! Love Di ♥

Montanagirl said...

That's really nice Lois.

Rose said...

I like his eyes...your grandson's that is...they twinkle;-)

Marit Johanne said...

Looks like a wonderful day, congratulations! A happy boy! I think this is a bit different from the Norwegian confirmation? How old are they?

Lois Evensen said...

Hello Everyone,

That was a wonderful evening. David is 12 years old. The Sacrament of Confirmation is held every second year so two classes are included. Also, all area Roman Catholic children attending public schools or home schooling are included so there was a very large crowd.

David is a wonderful young man. He's smart, happy, sensitive. He will do well in life.

Thank you so much, everyone, for stopping by and your very kind comments.

Best,
Lois

TexWisGirl said...

I remember my confirmation well. I did a reading at it, and was nervous to meet the monsignor. :)

Congrats to your grandson!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Congratulations David! Came back to follow you Lois..