About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Continuing Professional Education

Good morning,

Some days I do something other than make bread, travel, knit, stack wood....  ;)

On this particular day, I attended an Ohio Society of CPAs (OSCPA) Continuing Professional Education meeting with my daughter and another friend of many years (also CPAs, of course.) 

This was a Professional Issues Update which is offered twice a year and is always packed with useful information.  Since giving my practice to my daughter about twelve years ago, I'm not actively practicing, but do keep my license current.  I have already met my continuing education requirements and have renewed my license for another three years so don't need the continuing education credits, but I always like to attend this meeting to stay current and updated on issues important to the profession. After more than 30 years in the profession and teaching accounting I have strong feelings about what is important to my many former clients and all small businesses.

I also like seeing old friends and this is the place to find them.  ;)
 The first picture I took at the top was taken with my handy dandy baby camera that fits so well in my purse:  Canon PowerShot SX210 IS.  It was taken when we got there a little early.  Just about 20 minutes later, the room had filled and I took a picture with my Blackberry.  The quality of the images is very different.  I'm glad I had the PowerShot with me.

So, that was where I spent a really exciting day with other accountants.   *chuckles*    Tomorrow I will be stacking wood again.  :)


Best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

Good to be a Queen said...

Lois, incredible job on your header...It's beautiful!!!!Makes me wish it was Summer and I was at the lake...

Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth, I hated going to those blasted Cont. Ed classes. Had to take them for both nursing and real estate. Bah Humbug...but no more!! put both licence on in-active. Did like to see the people howver and the food was usually good!! lol ...debbie

Anonymous said...

When I taught, I took some at the University of Cincinnati and then somewhere in Columbus, Ohio but not Ohio State. And then they used to come to a larger school instead of people from all over traveling somewhere every day they came to one place convenient. I don't remember much more than that as the last one I attended was the year I quit teaching. No regrets.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh but variety is the spice of life isn't it? I love getting together with old friends.

Elaine said...

You can definitely see the difference in the quality of the photos!

granny said...

SO..thats what you do/did..I could not for life of me work out what your profession is/was,lol...
Thanks for the enlightenment :0)
Maybe when I get my small business off and running I can call on you for some advice :0)
Make sure you are up-dated on Aussie tax rules and regs,lol.
You have such an interesting life Lois,and I sure enjoy reading about it .

Lois Evensen said...

Hi everyone,

Thanks, Angie, for your kind words about the header. That image was taken off the coast of Labadee, Haiti.

It seems "Continuing Education" rang a bell with several of you. Some of the sessions are downright interesting; some of the sessions are downright boring! ;)

Yes, Granny and others overseas, a Certified Public Accountant here is similar to a Chartered Accountant in other parts of the world.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois