About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Birthday at Buca

Good morning,

Recently my family (My Honey, daughter, son, four grand kids) took me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday.

Since My Honey and I are going out of town soon, we celebrated a little early.
Buca di Peppo is a chain of restaurants.  If you have one in your area and haven't tried it, you're missing lots of fun and good food.
The decor is entertainment in itself and the food is good, too.
As soon as we were seated, the kids presented me with a lovely card and a gift!  Inside that pretty package I found a new earphone for my cell phone so we will be able to talk to everyone at home easily when Grandpa (My Honey) and I go out of town very soon.

Next My Honey, right there in the restaurant, unzipped his jacket as he said, "I'm going to show you my new tattoo * that I got for your birthday!"
Instead of a tattoo appearing, My Honey pulled out this pretty package that he had wrapped himself. 
Look what is inside!  He picked this out for me himself.  How very sweet!  He is such a sweetheart! He knows I will love to have anything to do with knit or crochet.
My daughter gave me this lovely sign that was immediately hung on our front door when we got home.
 Guys and their toys.  ;)   That's fine with me, though;  I checked my email while we were there, too.
Does this look good or what?  The food is served family style which was perfect for our family.

When the food started arriving, I stopped taking pictures.  I can tell you what we had, though.  After that yummy salad up there in the picture, the eight of us shared a large order of spaghetti and meatballs, a large order of seafood pasta, and a medium pizza.  The restaurant surprised me with a special fudge cake, ice cream, and song for my birthday.  ;)

I had a wonderful time and I didn't have to do the dishes afterward! 

Thanks, family!  I hope you've enjoyed the party with us.

* My Honey has been at sea for 44 years and has no tattoos.  We are not into tattoos.   His tattoo reference was to be able to enjoy the "shock effect" of the look on my face.  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Wishing you an early:

~*~ Happy Birthday Lois ~*~

Deere Driver said...

Well! Now I am curious of the real date. Please tell.

Mine is the 11th. You?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Lois! Hope you have lots of love and joy on your special day. Sounds like you had a great celebration with your family.
Hugs from mamabug!!!

Montanagirl said...

Looks like a wonderful time - and Happy Birthday!!

Marit Johanne said...

What a nice celebration of your birthday! I will say an early happy birthday to you too! How sweet of your husband to give you such a nice knitting/crocheting kit!

Elaine said...

Looks like you had a lovely early birthday celebration. I've never seen a Buca restaurant, but will keep my eye out for one when we are traveling next. Happy Birthday!

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

Happy Birthday to Deere Driver today! ;) If I could get your blog to load today, I would post a birthday message for you there!

My birthday is the 5th. The party was a few days before and the post about it was published a few days after.

Tomorrow, Sunday's post, our trip South begins and we will be back on board Freedom of the Seas. While I am traveling I don't always have a connection with enough band width to upload images, especially when connected via satellite. So, I take pictures and write my blog every day in Dreamwever, then upload it with pictures when I get where I can do so. That's what causes the slight time lag of a few days.

Thanks, again, for all the birthday wishes. I had a great birthday with the kids and My Honey got me a few other lovely gifts, too.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by. I hope you'll join us for the holidays aboard Freedom of the Seas. I'm sure I'll have some great pictures of the lovely decorations there.

Very best,
Lois

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Birthday, Lois! Looks like you had a great time with gifts and family. By the way, I was just catching up on reading earlier posts and the holiday gift baskets for clients looked so lovely. Catherine certainly did a wonderful job with selecting such treats and making a festive presentation. WOW another cruise - have a wonderful holiday and we will be looking forward (as always) to the photos. We are actually home for Christmas for the first time in 3 years - YEAH!

Deere Driver said...

I will try and remember for next year. Just getting is from a fun day! Thanks!

Diana said...

I'm so sorry that I am late here Lois, we had a lot going on! Happy belated birthday to you and your husband has excellent taste in women and presents!! Love Di ♥