About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Fried Apples

 Good morning,

I showed you the ham we enjoyed a few days ago.  That ham lasted for several days with so few people in the house.  Of course, the pups got some, too

We had quite a few apples on the dining room table that weren't going to last much longer so I made fried apples.  Well, they aren't exactly fried, but close.  I put about 1/3 stick of butter into a large skillet, sliced 8 or 9 apples, added two heaping tablespoons of brown sugar, and shook some cinnamon into it.  Then I covered it and let it cook in the juice of the apples until soft.  Oh, so good!  I left the skin on the apples.

This was just perfect with ham and also maked a great topping for ice cream!

Yum!

;),

Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

Boy, that looks and sounds absolutely divine. I would love to have some of that.