About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Work in Process This Week

Good morning,

On my way out the door to a routine doctor appointment for My Honey yesterday I looked around for a quick project to take to work on in the waiting room. The current sweater is up to the neckline where I needed to count stitches so not a good waiting room project right now.  I grabbed the yarn you see above to make a lap blanket in shades of brown and gold (the lighter yarn in the image above).  It's very pretty yarn and I love working with it!  I had purchased a small amount of the yarn to see how I like it.  I like it!  To provide a little more weight to the lap blanket, I'm striping with knitting worsted weight yarn.
 
 You may remember the sweater mentioned above from the last WIP post.  I've finished the front neckline since I got home from that appointment.  The front and back are now joined with a three needle bind off at the shoulders and I've started the first sleeve.
 And, finally, I finished the Pink Flowers Afghan Blanket and it is in the shop.  Yay!  That one seemed to take forever because it was too big to be portable to work on wherever I went.  I worked on it every time I got back to my studio when I wasn't working on my computer.

So, this has been a week of progress in the Work in Progress department.  It feels so good to have a "finished project" once in awhile, doesn't it!

What are you making, baking, growing this week?  For those living in the USA, I'm betting there is some turkey in the plan this week.  Happy Thanksgiving week!

All the very best,
Lois

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I do admire your crochet/knit work. Cooking for me for a couple of days, but I like it :) Have a great Thanksgiving!