About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Flashback to Last Wednesday

Good morning,

Since we had conflicting schedules for some of us, we celebrated Thanksgiving a day early this year.  Each holiday gathering is an opportunity to gets pictures of the family that will be treasured in years to come.  This year I had my camera at the ready to capture all the moments, but we got so busy that I missed plenty of the great moments.  Here are the ones we did get for family and friends to enjoy.

That beautiful turkey gave its all last Wednesday.  Catherine prepared the main part of the meal...
...and prepared Mr. Turkey outside on the grill.
Of course, we have three Lab Assistants here that encourage us to send all items to the Lab for testing.
I made the herb flatbread early and have it waiting in the wings.
The green bean casserole is traditional.  Of course, I prepared it in my mom's Cornflower Corning Wear.
 Catherine made the deviled eggs for the appetizer.  That tablecloth is historical, too.  I embroidered it more than 50 years ago.  We use it for the appetizer table at most of our family dinners.
 Mr. Turkey is pictured here just after he came in from the grill.  He's "resting" before Daddy began the carving.
 The table is set for eight which includes family and friends.

It was at this point that we got so busy that I didn't get any more pictures of our Thanksgiving dinner.  I should have a designated photographer, shouldn't I, so I don't miss anything!

In addition to all that has been pictured, there was more.  There was so much food, we sent some home with friends and have leftovers for several days:  twice baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and more prepared by Catherine;  salad prepared by our friend, Erica;  and cranberry sauce made by me from my Mom's recipe.  The Poinsettia centerpiece was provided by our friend, Judy.

We hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful!

Lois

No comments: