About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Oat Bread Today

Good morning,

The bread of the day is Oat. 

No, we don't eat all of these.  I often share loaves with friends and neighbors.  We have a lovely neighbor who makes jams and jellies so we share what we make with each other. 

Since I make our bread from scratch and it has no preservatives, it doesn't last forever as store bread seems to do.  So, I make bread often.  ;)

Enjoy,
Lois

3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Wonderful looking, nice!

DUTA said...

Lovely!
I suppose you don't count calories. I do, and so I eat light bread/light crackers/light gem.Some of us need to watch their weight. Freshly baked bread is very enticing but doesn't help those who wish to look and feel slim. Well, we can't have it all, can we.

Lois Evensen said...

Thank you, Blogoratti and DUTA.

DUTA, we do count calories! We enjoy bread "carefully" as we do most other foods. Our bread is very different from "store bread" because I use no preservatives or anything else I can't pronounce. We share the bread with neighbors and, if there is any left it goes into our bird feeder where it is appreciated year round.

It is so much easier to eat at home than when we were at sea ten weeks at a time for My Honey's job. Although our suite had it's own kitchen (RHIP), it didn't make much sense to cook many meals with many restaurants on board the ship. The food was so very good there, but we had to be even more careful to eat as many fresh items as possible. Then we didn't have control over what went into the food: types of oils, salt, sugar, etc. Now I am able to make healthy food at home by knowing exactly what is in it.

Thank you, both, for stopping by! I so enjoy hearing from you and enjoy seeing your blogs, too.

All the best,
Lois